ART VENDOR RULES
We are accepting applicants for face painters and arts vendors to be a part of our mercado. Vendor participation fees are $75 and are due at registration. All proceeds go to the Bare Hands, Inc. the nonprofit organization that produces the festival.
TACO FEST ART VENDOR RULES AND STANDARDS
1. An accepted application is a commitment to show and constitutes the agreement between the parties, vendor, and Bare Hands, Inc. (BH) No refunds will be made for cancellation or inclement weather. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Exhibitor is restricted to setting up in the booth space designated by BH. Space assignments are made by BH Arts Committee Members
3. Exhibitor is not allowed to park behind their booth or in the surrounding streets that are closed off for patron traffic.
4. Unless you choose for the festival to provide items, exhibitors must provide their own display booths, tent, weights to anchor tents, racks, tables, and chairs. They are responsible for the assembly and disassembly of all items. Prepare for the possibility of inclement weather conditions such as rain or wind.
5. Exhibitors are required to exhibit according to the BH schedule, unless prior arrangements have been made, in advance, with BH, and must staff their booths during Festival hours.
6. Exhibitors bear the responsibility for all setup and needs for their booths. BH will not be responsible for any loss or damage and the vendor will indemnify and hold BH harmless for any loss or damage to any of the vendor’s property or any damage or loss sustained by a third party due to installation or set-up by vendor.
7. If selected on form, basic power is supplied within 75' of each booth. Exhibitors are required to supply their own means of attaching to the supply point. Please inspect cords and connections prior to Festival to avoid any power problems.
8. All merchandise for sale must be in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
9. All exhibitors are responsible for reporting their own applicable taxes including income and state and local sales tax. Envelopes will be provided by the BH committee chairs.
10. All exhibitors agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Dia de los Muertos Festival and Bare Hands, Inc. from any and all claims, demands, loss or liability of every nature, for injuries to persons and/or property, occurring in or about or in any way connected with this Application or Agreement, the festival, or their service or any performance of their obligations under this Agreement or Application, to the extent such claims, demands, loss or liability arise out of the negligence or failure of the exhibitor, its officers, agents, employees, representatives, vendors, subcontractors, assigns, licensees, and/or invitees. In the event of any claims, demands, loss or liability arising under this section and their duty to defend, the exhibitor’s responsibility shall include the payment of all reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs of defense and/or litigation, mediation, arbitration, or any other similar claims process initiated under this Section.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR ARTS VENDORS ONLY:
Each artist must submit a full application and both must pass jurying to participate.
Absolutely NO commercial kits, assembled items, or pre-manufactured merchandise may be sold.
All jewelry must be handcrafted original pieces of work.
10' x 10' Booth Space $75
10’ x 10’ Tent (if needed) $100
Electricity (if needed) $30
8’ table (if needed) $10
If you are selected as a vendor, and you elect to participate, booth fees are payable at registration. If you are not accepted, your fees will be refunded.. Otherwise fees are non-refundable.